Bluebird Greenhouse Local Foods Lunch and Learn
Map Link to Bluebird Lunch & Learn, UGA Research Garden, 121 Ellis Road, Griffin, GA,
Time & Date: May 9, 2012, 11:30-12:30, phone 478-283-4332,
Registration: email@example.com .
UGA Canning Expert, Susan Howington
National Center for Food Preservation at UGA – Resources.
Want to learn how to preserve the summer harvest of farm-fresh green beans, peaches, strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers and more?
Join us at Bluebird’s Local Foods Lunch & Learn – taught by Susan Howington, Canning Expert. May 9, 2012, UGA Research Garden, Griffin, GA 11:30-12:30.
Register on http://www.bluebirdcsa.com/ order page for the FREE community class or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Lunch is catered by The Strawberry Patch with a cost of $15 each and can be reserved at http://www.bluebirdcsa.com or by emailing email@example.com
- Thrive Coffee will serve iced coffees and Kick-Off their Farm to Cup medium and dark roast coffees.
- Join the fun day at UGA Research Garden, 121 Ellis Road, Griffin, GA, Wed. May 9th, 2012, 11:30-12:30.
- FREE Community Course ($15 cost for catered lunch) and FREE Garden Admission.
- If you are a local foods enthusiast and interested in learning about food preservation, you will want to be a part of this event. Guest farmers, Local Foods Catered Lunch, Tasting Table, Thrive Coffee Kick-Off, Arts Silent Auction, Plant Sale, Door Prizes [including CSA share boxes] and more Local Foods fun!!
- Learn about common sense canning with Canning Expert, Susan Howington. Susan teaches many communities how to can and we are thrilled she is able to make time in her busy schedule for Bluebird CSA members.
- Free registration and Free UGA Garden Admission includes the Free ‘Food Preservation Course’ on Wednesday, May 9th from 11:30 until 12:30. You may also register for the Local Foods Catered Lunch at a cost of $15 per plate.
- Your lunch will be catered by The Strawberry Patch with a menu of ‘Strawberry Chicken Salad’ on a bed of baby mesclun greens, with locally grown, farm-fresh strawberries and toasted Georgia-grown pecans. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer to substitute gluten-free, vegan ‘Strawberry Quinoa with Toasted Pecans’ for ‘Strawberry Chicken Salad’.
- Tasting Table of assorted organic & Georgia made products like Cheesecake with locally grown Strawberry Toppong, Parisa’s Marinara with artisan focaccia, Flat Creek Lodge cheeses, Hillside Orchards fruit cider, Lauri Jo’s Southern Style Canning , cucumber relish, fig preserves, local strawberry blossom honey along with other seasonal, local foods and canning highlights.
- Local Arts – Opportunity to bid silently on local arts. Works by Artist Anne Jenkins and Folk Artist Sam Granger.
- Fun door prizes including free veggie shares, strawberry shares, kitchen tools, canning supplies and local arts.
- Food Preservation Course Certificate – It should be a fun and informative day and you will receive a ‘Food Preservation Course’ Certificate for your participation in this 1 hour community canning class. (This certificate is for private purposes only)
- Bluebird CSA
Bluebird CSA Map to Bluebird Lunch & Learn, UGA Garden, 121 Ellis Road, Griffin, GA http://www.caes.uga.edu/campus/griffin/garden/grifmap.cfm
Bluebird CSA Bluebird Lunch & Learn ‘Food Preservation Course’ Scroll to May 9th on UGA calendar to read more. http://www.caes.uga.edu/campus/griffin/garden/calendar.cfm
Photos of UGA Research Garden, Griffin, GA:
Come early and tour the Research and Education Garden on the University of Georgia Campus, Griffin, Georgia.
Follow the links below to view some of these gardens.
- Garden Home