Bluebird Greenhouse is a Drop Off for Local Community Supported Agriculture Products
Are you a local producer interested in building a local foods system?
- In addition to picking up products at local farms, many local producers bring their products to Bluebird Greenhouse.
- Farmer Matt delivers his crops including carrots and Pak Choi.
Down the Lane delivers their handmade lavender soaps, locally grown blueberry muffins and heirloom tomatoes.
- Bluebird meets a fine local cottage artisan baker just off the downtown square as she brings a basket of teacakes, breakfast breads and homemade granola for Bluebird members.
- Stopping by weekly at a local warehouse where certified organic sprouts are grown, Bluebird picks up broccoli and sunflower sprouts.
- Callaway Blue Spring Water is loaded for Bluebird CSA members locally.
- Cheese Straws are delivered to the Vineyard for weekly orders.
- Blueberries are harvested and kept in the fridge until picked up by Bluebird.
- Strawberries are harvested and ready for Bluebird to pickup during strawberry season by local growers.
- Summer squash is harvested and weighed, along with corn, onions, potatoes and more when Bluebird arrives for pickup at local farms.
- Chocolate Cherry Tomatoes are picked up during season from a local backyard gardener.
What might you produce for a community supported agriculture program?
Veggies, Flowers, Herbs
Year round seasonal vegetables, fresh flowers and herbs can be grown at home.
Are you a grower of heirloom tomatoes with enough to share? Contact: email@example.com
Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, peaches, apples, figs, melons, grapes… Almost everyone has a suitable container or garden space which can become productive growing fruits which then can be harvested and delivered to Bluebird.
You’ll likely find countless items in your home garden that can be marketed such as pinecones, holly, wood cuttings, feathers, acorns and more.
Custom Made Kitchen Tools
Whiskbrooms, baskets, ceramic ironstone serving ware, pottery
Divinity, fudge, pecan pralines
Artisan Breads, muffins, quick breads, breadsticks, cakes, cookies, pies, tarts
Handmade lotions, soaps, candles, lip balms, shaving creams
Home air sprays, bug bite relief, herbal face scrubs, pot pourri, sachets
Sewing and Knitting
Scarves, hats, earmuffs, mittens, sweater pillows, pet sweaters and more.
Homemade and healthy kitty and dog treats. Other pet care items.
Do you save seeds from your flowers, cuttings from herbs or seeds from your heirloom tomatoes or veggies?